For most of us, Cher has just always been there, like the Statue of Liberty in sequins. She is larger-than-life and beloved by generations for always speaking her mind with wit and honesty, whether that’s in a candid interview or on Twitter.
To celebrate Cher’s 71st birthday today, I present a curated collection of Cher’s best quotes.
- On clothes: “Going hungry never bothered me — it was having no clothes.”
- On relationships: “If grass can grow through cement, love can find you at every time in your life.”
- On her gay fans: “I think that the longer I look good, the better gay men feel.”
- On her legacy: “I am a part of history whether people want to take it seriously or not.”
- On ageing: “Nobody dislikes my age more than me. I can’t help it that I’ve been here this long.”
- On men: “Men aren’t necessities. They’re luxuries.”
If I close my eyes you´re the only one I see.